File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Monday, April 4, 2011

Vintage Button collage

Jan made my dressmaker form from Sculpty clay for me.I have it painted & Modge Podge on my canvas.
I found the idea in the Paper,Scissors multimedia mag. a while back. I have had a cigar box of buttons from my G/mom Hovey sewing stash for a few years.I have buttons left on the paper backs from the 1950's This artist sells her works w/ these vintage buttons. I got the idea to do this. I also found eye & hooks & a made by label in the stash also.
I painted the canvas 1st w/ a light b/scotch color. I also found a vintage pic of dressmaker forms. I cut out the side view. I put Old Paper ink from T. Holtz on it to age it. I also put vintage photo ink on the edges of the pic.
Allen hung it up in the liv. rm this am for me. Now we can enjoy those vintage 50's button cards. It's fitting for this house since it was built in 1950's
I'll take a photo of it later.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor