File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My 1st piece of art









Allen hung up my Vintage button collage this week. I made it from buttons from my G-mom's Hovey button collection I have had for years. I got the idea from Paper Scissors multi media mag
i have had the buttons for years in my sewing chest. They were still mounted on the original cards.They have illustrations from the 50's on them. I also found 1 last tag w/ my g-mom's name on it.Also 2 crotchet circles in a corner.
Jan made the sculpt clay dress form for me. I painted it w/ mixture of native acrylic paints. I then sealed it w. Modge Podge, I used Corenation c/s stock on it. I distressed it w/ sand paper to get the color I wanted to match & contract the pieces it was by. I found some vintage dress forms that I cut out. I put Distress old paper on it to age it. I used vintage photo around the edges. I took some of the newer buttons on the canvas,
I put some buttons around theedge of the corner canvas from my button collection I never would use

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor