File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Monday, September 21, 2009

Shower triggered 160/100 BP

I have had problems w/ showers for awhile. It takes me all day to rest just to have energy to take one. Allen has to help me since I have to take all my bracing off. I no longer have strength in my knees to get off the bath stool since I have lost muscle strength because of my post polio. I'm really wiped out from 2-4 hrs a/wards. I have been getting dizzy from the shower @ times lately & tell allen to get me in & out quickly. As it is I'm down to 1 shower a week. Thank goodness for baby wipes ,sponge baths etc. when hot.
I decided after the 1st day in the hospital when I slept all day, I ask for help w/ a shower. I had a good nurse's aide. I was behind on taking a shower because I didn't feel good. I told Alllen if I ran into problems I was already @ the hospital. After I got out of the shower, we used my w/c to take me to bed ,I didn' walk back to the bed. I told her I feel really dizzy,U better take my BP. I had warned her before hand I had been having problems & would be really wiped out & I would need her help. Luckly the other aide was coming around taking them. It had soared up to 160/110. That am w/ my new BP med it was down to 115/84. Needless to say they wouldn't let me up for 3 hours out of bed. They made me use the bedpan. This time a heart Dr. came in, shortly, a new team this time,he saw what was happening. Finally s/one saw the problems I have been having.
An echo was ordered,which later came back good. My valves aren't leaking ,which happened 5 yrs ago w/ my 1st trip to the hospital. My pumping capacity is @ 59 % which is better than 5 yrs ago @ 30%. He later told me my high BP is a result of my lungs not getting saturated enough w/ 0-2. If we don't get the BP under control it will affect my kidneys next!!
I left the hospital w/ Spriva,a broncial dialtor,a new BP med. TheRN told me to turn up my 0-2 to 4 l's while taking a shower.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor