File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gluten free mixes test vs recipes

It's getting that time of year in Texas. In 2 mo's we won't be able to turn on the oven since it will be too hot. It's now getting 20- 30 F difference in temp. from the am to Pm. so I need to do my baking in the early am.
It's also time to decide if I was going to do GF baking the time was now. Judy had sent me some GF mixes in Aug. If I don't bake them now,it will be Oct. before I can turn the oven back on. I looked @ the dates on the pkg's for them to be the freshest & not sit in the heat for another summer. I also had found some recipes on gluten free girl. If I was going to try them it was either now or never.
So I baked Mon,Wed.,Fri. & Sat. it's time to put food away in the freezer for June. June is usually our hottest month of the summer. It usually puts me flat down since the heat makes it hard for me to breathe much less try to even cook.
Sat's granola bars was the 2nd batch I made. I need to add more honey & oil to the recipe to make them easier to get out of the pan & also not to fall apart.I used apricots this time. I luv the Cliff bars w/ apricots. I cut up the apricots. I tossed in some tapioca flour on them to absorb the stickiness of the cut apricots so they wouldn't all stick together in 1 big mass. It worked.
I'm really tired today. We have another storm coming in that is dragging me down. I didn't get all the things I had planned on doing Sat. I had to wait for Allen to chop up onions for me. I didn't get my sweet potato nut burgers cooked up. I need to saute the onions & celery to go into the burgers. He didn't get to them to later in the pm. By then my steam had runned out. Plus cloud cover came in & I ended up plowed down in my recliner from 5pm on.
The e/quake had hit Chile & a tsunami had hit Hawaii. Instead of going to asleep in my recliner I ended up on Yahoo checking out videos' & news reports.
My son had called me when I had gone back to bed in am to rest from my early am. jobs. Talking on the phone tires me out. I did enjoy his talk,his insight,fact man commentary & what a humble,conscious young man he's becoming.He's probably the most compassionate young man U ever meet. Also one of my twin DD's called. She had finished painting her 2nd brm. I amazed @ her abilities. She has been divorced for 3 yrs now. She tackles alot of repair jobs herself. She owns her own condo. She lived 1 summer w/ her twin sister to save up money for a down p/ment.She is growing African violets & orchids which are hard plants to grow. She also has a great head for fiances.She's isn't a women who's is sitting around crying "woe is me. She is trying to do s/thing w/ her life. She has a good job as a programmer in medical s/ware for hospital's. She's a team leader who put's in alot of extra time to make sure her team meets d/line even if she got to do the extra work.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor