File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Friday, June 26, 2009

STAMPSCAPES,must have

Allen drove out of Ruidoso,saw a sign realized the lake was closer than he had been told. We already eaten supper @ a Chinese buffet. We get to the area & we had been driving down a narrow dirt road. ( Which is all the ranch roads were) I was looking to the left when Allen hollers look. @ 1st I didn't see them they blended in so well w/ the ground. There were 4 does,they didn't even run away when we stopped.They were so gorgeous, I haven't seen deer this close in years. they kept eating the grass. We had come when it was feeding time, deer come out when it cools down from the heat. I luv their eyes. I told Allen I quit hunting in 9th grade, the eyes did me in. If the deer was dead,then I help my father skin it,cut it up to go in the freezer. Then it became food to eat which we appreciated since we live on a teacher's salary .
I kept looking @ them to observe their coloring. Oh I wished I could draw them grazing, the image is so vivid in my mind. I really want to put the feel of what I saw @ the lake into a set of cards. I looked @ the pine trees against the lake shore ,the mtns, up close,the silhouette the trees made, the contrast of light & dark, looking @ the colors etc. The closest I can come will be Stampscapes l/scape stamps. I need more greens in the Prism color pencils to do the trees. This is a tech. I need to learn.
Down the road we see 2 cotton tail bunnies playing & eating. they were so adorable. Yes I did observed their coloring grey w/ some brown on their back w/ a white puffy tail .We had seen a jack rabbit the other day in El Paso. He was skinny,not a puff ball like these rabbits were. It was time to head home to El Paso, about 2-2 1/2 drive,it was getting dark. As Allen was about to hit the main road, 3 deer run out in front of the car. @ least Allen was going slow since a stop sign was ahead. Deer can really mess up Ur car if U hit one. These 3 deer were afraid either. They started grazing grass as soon as they crossed the road.
I observed how the sun was setting in the sky,where the shadows were, thesiilhouettes it created. I'm trying to keep these images in my mind as the house heats up & I have to rest in my room or the recliner. I'm so grateful for the beautiful earth & its creations God has given us. Grateful for portable 0-2 so I could get out in nature. I wish my body would let me go camping for a few days.
as it was after I got up from my nap in the recliner i had a hard time going to sleep,getting the pain under control from too much walking, trips to the potty etc. I have to get my bracing off or I would had stayed in the recliner.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor