File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Friday, June 26, 2009

Lap quilt finally done!!

I finally got all the edges bound up on the lap quilt. the 4th side was the most difficult, I had a hard time getting it even. One early am I ended up ripping out alot of the flannel that got caught while attempting to sew it w/the batt on the machine. I knew later on I be moan the fact that it was a big mess u/neath. I ended up taking a row off of the top of the scraps since it was a straight stitch row. I used buttons to anchor the batt to the fabric since my machine wouldn't take the flannel & feed it thru right. I also appliqued some of the seagulls cut out from my dress fabric on the cover. It's narrow enough it won't get caught in my w/chair or my recliner. It's not as neat as I would like it, but 30 yrs ago I wasn't wearing a hand brace & I'm losing small hand coordination . @ least it's done & in the closet, I practised Provident Living by using up my fabric scraps,& made it into a lap quilt. also I won't have a hot quilt on my lap while sitting in front of the a/c trying to get cool!!
My Relief Society Pres. has invited me to a July homemaking mtg. on Provident Living to bring my quilt. I'm hoping we can have some basic sewing classes to teach the younger sisters how to mend clothes,make UR own curtains etc.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor