File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Candle making &cooking day Sat.

I had set up my molds Fri. nite during Numbers on T.V. I had forgotten how long it takes to thread the votive molds & anchor the wicks.The wax sealer wasn't sticking to the bottom of the mold. I finally had to get out the wax remover. I had to open the front door to let the smell out. Allen had to take the molds out & spray them w/mold release spray. Another reason to give up candle making. The new sealer I hadfrom Light house wouldn't stick &it was making me mad. I loce votive candles the most to burn but they are time consuming to set up the molds. I don't have the fine motor coordination I had when younger.

I had Sweet potoatoes & acorn squash in the oven while my wax was melting. I later froze them up in small containers. I have small quick meals when it's too hot to run the oven for my gluten free diet.

I found Heidi's bag of chunks,butterscotch scent& candle paint that I had packed away 6 yrs ago.When our house went up for sale I had to pack up my messy crafts of ceramics & candle making. I finally found thebox w/my scent & my candle making making books. I had to reread the directions since it's been 7 yrs I have made candles.

I poured 3 containers,3 molds,2 votive molds. I used pumpkin spice,cinnamon & baked goods for scents. I melted down a red candle to use for red candle chunks. I took an ugly green wax& added some yellow to make green chunks. I put these in my molds next time & pour a clear wax over them. Using these odd candles up saves my good wax& stops me from having to dye separte batchs of wax. I'm glad I covered the table w/n/paper my 1st pour was messy. I found my pouring cup. I was able to keep the big pot of melted wax warm & dip out wax to put in my double boiler to make small batches of scent wax for different molds.

While my scrap wax was melting I finally baked Allen's pumkin waffle cookies. I had a a really busy day in the kitchen & was really tired.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor