File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gluten free Pizza for Supper!!!!

Allen actually found Chebe mix in our local Albertson's. It has no corn,dairy or soy,which are other food alergies I have beside being Gluten intolertant. It's made w/ tapoica flour. It was so good, I can't believe I actually got to have pizza for supper. I loved breads in any form so it was really hard to give it up. I had to go cold turkey last year. It was either all or nothing. I've been GF for a year now. It's been worth it since the gut pain,terrible gas rumbling thru my gut is gone, & no more sudden weight loss.
It's colder this winter than last year. W/ my FM I carve carbs.I got a big box of GF mixes from my s/in/law for my b-day. I finally getting around to trying some of them. I did bake thecinnamon raisin bread by Bob's Red Mill. It's a very heavy cake like,almost like old fashioned fruit cake. It made 13 slices.I bagged of some of them in baggies & dropped in a big ziploc bag to go into the freezer. It took 1/1/2 hours to rise instead of th 30 min's as therecipe said. thiswas in front of a warm oven w/ a bowl covered w/ a towel. I found on a link not to use the vinegar,it may rise better w/o it. It does have sorghum flour in it. I have to eat it again when I haven't eaten lentils the same day. I had terrible gas that day. I did rinse off my lentils after soaking them.
I didn't like the chocolate cake by Red Mill. It was NASTY,NASTY,tasting. The fava beans gave it a bitter taste.I pawned them off on allen so they weren't a total loss.
Elana's Pantry has a better recipe for GF choc. cake w/bananas & egg whites. It has a mousse like texture. It's my favo. recipe,a life saver for choc. craving. The choc. brownies are made w/either cashew or almond butter. It's better if U use the dark choc. chips. I cut them up into small squares,put them in baggies in the frezer in a big ziploc bag. I then have a treat for when I'm craving brownies. Warming them up in the m/w for 15 seconds melts the choc. chips which tastes better. These are very rich because of the nut butter. also very expensive since they take a a 1# of nut butter.About $10 for a # of it. Her recipes are good, I haven't ran into a bad recipe of all I have tried.
Will make granola bars w/a recipe I found on another GF site this week.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor