File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Monday, April 6, 2009

George and the Rabbit

Our n/bor had a rabbit in his yard, it drove George crazy. One day I went to put the dogs out to the brm. I had opened the door & happened to turn around. I saw the rabbit in the yard,about that time the dogs saw it. My 1st question was"what is the rabbit doing in our yard!" I was standing in the d/way in my n/gown,had my old legbrace on( which is full leg,harder to move around in,which I use @ night to get up in a hurry to go to the brm.etc.) I only can get a little ways into the yard, I start yelling @ the dogs to try to call them off. It's crazy, the poor bunny is running frantically for his life,the dogs are chasing it in circles in the front yard. George by this time is in survival mode,his legs aren't even touching the ground, he has them folded behind him in racing form. I have never seen a dog so sleek & trim in a running form as he was chasing this rabbit.
My n/bor hearing me yelling,comes running into my yard & starts running after the dogs. This is the funniest thing I have ever seen. He is bent over,running in a circle w/his hands outstretched & has a burning cigarette flapping in his mouth. Interesting that the cigarette never fell out of his mouth during this chase. I finally got Fluffy (poodle-terrier mix) to stop chasing t rabbit. George is oblivious to both Robert chasing him & me yelling @ him to stop. The poor bunny is running for his life. I'm amazed the rabbit didn't have a heart attack & drop dead from the shock of being chased etc. I don't know how long he chased that rabbit, we finally get him off the rabbit. Robert had a hard time trying to get the rabbit. Robert would move to where he had jumped to & would be gone by the time he got there. Finally the rabbit was safely caught. Robert found a hole in the fence where the rabbit had gotten in to our yard
Sadly the rabbit would get hit by a carlater,when it got out of the front yard

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor