File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Sunday, March 22, 2009

4 candle pours this week.

I poured candles,Wed. being my last day. I won't be making candles a/more. I'm on 0-2,Allen had to melt the big kettle of wax. It has to be watched & melted on low heat so wax doesn't catch on fire. He also had to spray the candle release into the molds o/side for me since it's smell bothers me. I don't have the patience or the fine dexitry to thread the wicks into the molds or to set up the votive molds(6 in a set.) I lost the Midas touch,my candles had pit marks on them which means I didn't get the melting temp. right
I made 3 container,12 molded & 24 votive candles. I also made green & red candle chunks to put into 1 pour of my candles.. I whipped some wax for 2 of the container candles. I made Laura a ice cream float using a Braums mug. She used to work there in H.S. It has a straw in it& the whipped wax looks like whipped cream on top.
Last night I got out the wax addtive for paints. I have 4 candles I poured clear for this purpose .
One has red & blue stripes,1 side left white,for July themed candle.Another multi-sided one has pink,purple blue& green colors w/ polka dots later added. The round pillar one I painted bright green. I later put a floral sticker border on it. I found some animated bug stickers on it. These will be fun for spring decorating in my L.rm. for small places. The last one I had some gold floral o/line stickers I put on Modge Podge to make sure they stay on. I added Diamond Stickles to the floral centers & a l/over blue jewel on a blossom.
All of my stuff is now packed up & ready to put up for sale. I want to sell it as a bundle,3 boxes of items. I need the money for supplies for my Iraq card project.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor