File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Greenware NOT BROKEN after 7 YRS!!!

I got 2 more boxes out my closet. G/ware has been packed away when we put up our house for sale in Ft. Worth. A shop was closing down & I bought some Southwest pieces. Amazing after being moved around in 3 places & on a moving truck out here,they were intact
G/ware is fragile. Case in point, I forgot to put n/paper on my table. I had wet a piece to put stars in it. The bottom came off since it had absorbed the water.
Ceramics is on its way out too. I had Allen to set up a table o/side for me to clean it up because of the dust it creates. I had on my face mask for the dust & the mulberry tree pollen . My hands & elbows hurt from all the strain from engraving my designs on them. I stayed o/side most of the a/noon working on them. I picked a real nice day to be o/side. I wanted to get this done before the major sand storms hit this week.
2 of them are votive c/holders. I designed them to look like Franklin Mtns. theme The 3rd piece is a Southwest Wedding jug. I was trying to look@ some pic's I had saved to think of a design. The tree next door I was looking @ jumped into my mind. One side of the jug has the tree etched into it. It represents the tree we planted 30 yrs ago & has grown. The other side has our initials w/a diamond triangle separting them. The top part w/the handle will be glazed. The other parts I'm using Duncan s/west underglazes .I want to show the contrast between the 2 of us who have made this 30 yr bond.
This will be my last ceramic pieces. This time I will keep them for us .I have given away many of my projects as gifts. I started doing this in 1976 as a creative diversion from stress @ BYU.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor