File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Monday, May 3, 2010

A cooler April

We have alot of dust storms coming in w/ winds from 55mph up to 75 mph. It has brought cooler temps. a few times. I take the cool days all they will give me. I even made egg custard 3 more times than normally I can make it. I luv eating it for an early am treat when I put the dogs out to the brm.
I made 3rd batch of granola bars. I tried choc. chips, macadamia nuts chopped up,(got too fine), & dried cranberries. They are yummy. I had to hide the 2nd tin of them in the frig. I ate about most of the 1st tin.
I also tried chocolate truffles made w/ cashew butter ,agave,& cashews. Didn't like the taste of them rolled in cocoa powder. It could Penzeys cocoa pretty strong vs Hershey's
Glaze put on my last cearmaic piece,goes for 2nd firing. It's a southwest Wedding jar I started a year ago for Allens gift for our 30th anniversary. My friend ,Summer helped paint the tree branches. Then this week she glazed the top part for me. I gave her all my underglazes, Sandstar paints & glazes. This way I won't be reminded of what I can't do anymore. Sadly this will be our last time together. Her DH is leaving the Navy after 10 yrs. They will be moving up to Oregon w/ their 5 kids. I will really miss her,the time we spent together,tals on the phone & her kids.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor