File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Sunday, May 24, 2009

PAIN IN THE BUTT!! GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

iIwas trying to finish up my lap quilt which the top I made in Oct. from fabric scraps. It's been laying on top of a box for a month. the problem was the top is made from strips of fabric scraps from 3 sewing projects. It needed to be squared off,I can't cut straight. I went & bought a small battfa mat. I have tried to sew on applique Seagulls on the cover. What a disaster,I can't hold the needle because of poor hand coordination.Pain in the butt!!!!! I broke 1 wooden embodiery frame,the other one got bent. My stitches aren't as neat as when I was younger. GRRRR!!!!!!
Sat. I decided I wanted to sew it on the machine. MISTAKE,the flannel kept getting caught underneath. My machine is getting old as I'm .I hate ripping out stitches,now it's even harder to see the small stitches. I gave up on that. I took it it in the bedroom to work on it,so I can sit in front of the a/c. the lap quilt is getting hot on my lap. I try to sew some buttons on it ,to hold the batt in place. Again the needle & the button w/the quilt, is a problem for me to coordinate. I finally gave up on trying to keep the flannel straight underneath since I'm struggling just to get the needle in the buttonholes on the quilt. Needless to say this is the LAST HAND SEWING PROJECT!!!!! AT LEAST I DIDN'T THROW IT AWAY!!!!!!!!! It's really sucks,it's isn't as neat as it would have been when I was younger. I will have a warm lap quilt for the winter.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor