File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Sunday, May 24, 2009

New leg brace!!

Yea !!!!! It fits like a glove,it's the most comfortable leg brace I ever had. It has the lightest joint ,the hinge is adjustable, I ever had. Hip pain has died down. I had a Dr's appt afterwards. I couldn't believe I sat in my w/chair w/o alot of pain. I even slept in my recliner Fri. early am. w/o any hip pain. I couldn't do that w/my old leg brace,the Swedish knee brace kept slipping on me. The hip socket pain got so bad,I went in to see Bryan@Precision Prosthetics here. My old custom brace is 18 yrs old, I only wore it @ night to go to the bathroom. I had lost so much weight the Swedish knee brace kept slipping. They didn't make a smaller size. I had to make a decision to go back into custom bracing. Bryan worked wonders, the joint is the lightest I ever seen on bracing. He tailored it go w/my ortho shoes when I wear them. Also he put extra Velcro on it so when I wear my Nikes around the house in my w/chair it fit so snugly. When he casted my leg for the brace, it almost fit inside my old leg brace. I have lost so much muscle mass from post-polio & the rapid weight loss. Even w/the rain that came it Fri.& Sat. the hip pain was really down.

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor