Hmm it was playtime finally w/ my various media. I'm learning don't wait to try out new techniques befor U need it. I lost Sept. because of my hospital stay. Oct. was catch up month. I have 3 big projects due for Nov. I'm working on all 3 of them
I've been afraid to try out my new unmouted stamps. I tried using 3M double sised tape on my acrylic block. I also used Aileens Tack It Over. The cling mounts are too expensive for me right now.The lighthouse stamp is too big for my card size right now. Plus it's going to take some playing around with all the pieces. So I'm using the Chapel in the Woods Stampscape one for my C-mas cards for Iraq. They need to be in the mail by the 15th so they can send them to their families.
I made alcohol ink b/grounds w/ 3 colors, the oregano,pesto & bright yellow for the grass. The denim & bright blue for the sky. The copper,gold & pearl for the middle section where the church is to be stamped.I stamped it in Momento tuxedo black. for some reason my Stazon black ink stuck to the card & smeared it coming off the glossy c/stock. The jury is out on this look. I wonder if I should cut out church in Sephia & mount it on the alcohol ink b/ground instead.
I stamped the church in Verafine sephia on white c/stock. I mat it w/ brown.tan c/stock on an ivory card .I like the monchromatic look of this style.
I embossed the church w/Colorbox black & embosssed it w/clear powder. I also did it in gold embossing powder. I went back & colored it in w/ chalks to make the gold stand out a little more.
I tried my markers, either they are not wet enough or the wrong texture for the stamp.
Next to try out the brayer which I have never used. I have dye inks for the glossy c/stock.