File pictures

File pictures
Fluffy

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gluten free graham crackers.

I had the ing.'s measured for these since Mon. I mixed them up 1st since the dough has to be refrigerated for 30 mins before rolling out.GF girl spent alot of time perfecting the right balance of the flours on these. I can't find Amaranth graham crackers out here. I thought I would give a try to this.
I didn't have parchment paper in the house. I dug out my old Tupperware plastic sheet to roll them out on. She was kind of vague on the directions on what size of cookie sheet & how to roll it out on them. She was only using 1/2 ball of dough@ a time. The dough ball isn't that big. I got out my biggest cookie sheet to use on it.
I actually kept the dough in the frig for the next day since I got too tired.then U have to refrig the dough on UR c/sheet in the frig for 15 min's while the oven is preheating. If U want cinnamon sugar on them, U put it on now. I followed the baking directions, 15 min's in the oven,let it cool 30 min'ss on the sheet. Also U scored the crackers before bakeing them. I ended up putting them back in the oven 3 times w/the crackers separated. The middles were still raw but edges were done .GC''s are suppose to have crunch. I don't know if I make these again or not. It hard on my hands & shoulders to roll out the dough. The dough has to be cold in order to roll it out. That means stiff dough for me to try to roll out =pain in my hands!! GC's are okay but not like brownies or chocolate chip cookies for me.
The taste is good,they have butter & honey in it so they are rich tasting. C/sugar on top is nice addtion.I prefer her granola bars better which I can't resist

No comments:

our puppy vistor

our puppy vistor